Hairline International Hair & Skin Clinic Research has access to some of the finest Hair Research Institutes in India and across the globe. This enables research in all ongoing challenging areas that trichology and dermatology face with the current ongoing methodology and practices.
Some current studies being done at the Research institute are
- Correlation between vitamin D and hair loss.
- Observation studies done showing a correlation between metabolic disorders, Insulin resistance and premature androgenetic alopecia.
- The Role of melatonin in hair loss.
- The Role of metals in the body and stress in premature greying of hair.
- Can ECMs reverse premature greying of hair?
- Contribution of ECMs in treating scarring Alopecia
- Correlation between PFOA and hair loss
- Correlation between BPA and hair loss
PGD2 blockers: At Hairline International we are looking at researching PGD2 a prostaglandin that binds to the receptor PTGDR as well as CRTH2 in other words a potential enzyme capable of preventing hair growth. A lot of supporting evidence from acclaimed universities have suggested that the balding hair has atleast 7 times more PGD2 than the hairy part of the scalp. Hence inhibitors and blockers are being researched out as a line of treatment for hair loss sufferers suffering from male and female pattern baldness.
PFOA and Hair Fall (Perfluorooctanoic Acid): PFOA is toxic chemical linked to cancer and reproductive harm. This is a chemical which is used in making Teflon. Higher than average PFOA blood levels in humans is linked to increased hair fall, thyroid disease and reduced fertility.
PFOA and Thyroid: PFOA can affect the thyroid gland. The damage includes cellular effects on the thyroid and Hypothyroidism, a condition characterized by low levels of thyroid hormones that control growth and are critical for proper brain development. It is been found that people exposed to PFOA have got increased hair fall and hair shedding.
Research Articles in Journals