1. Nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle is a “must”, if you desire to have beautiful hair.
2. Drink lots of water
3. make sure to include protein into your diet, lentils and meat, for example, are good sources.
4. Vitamin A is a vital nutrient promoting hair growth, hence green leafy vegetables, carrots and cod liver oil should also be included into your diet regime.
5. Along with a proper diet healthy hair needs essential fatty acids, which aids dry and brittle hair and improves the texture. Essential fatty acids from vegetable oils, whole grains, legumes, fresh nuts and oil seeds, spirulina, flaxseed oil and pumpkin seeds.
6. Vitamin E increases oxygen uptake and improves circulation, thereby improving hair health and growth. Add E to your diet by consuming foods like avocados, rice bran, nuts, dark green vegetables, legumes and whole grains.
7. Vitamin K helps to maintain healthy hair. Food sources of Vitamin K include dairy foods, figs, asparagus, broccoli, lettuce, brussel sprouts, cabbage, dark green leafy vegetables, oatmeal, rye, soybeans, wheat and yogurt.
8. To ensure that your hair is healthy and does not split include foods rich in the different B vitamins. These include whole grains, beans, lentils, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits and tomatoes.
9. Biotin deficiency has been linked to hair loss. Foods high in biotin are brown rice, cracked wheat, green peas, lentils, oats, soybeans, sunflower seeds and walnuts.
10. Vitamin C is important for good circulation, hair growth and hair colour. If you have enough vitamin C you will have strong, supple strands of hair that do not split. Good sources of vitamin C are all citrus fruits like oranges, lime, lemon, berries, vegetables like brussel sprouts, cucumbers, tomato, cauliflower, green leafy vegetables and red peppers.
11. Iron helps to carry oxygen to the hair. Without enough iron, hair and its follicles are starved of oxygen. This means that the goodness in the root of your hair is much less effective along the length of the strand. You can increase your iron intake by eating dark green vegetables, whole grains, garden cress seeds or by adding iron supplements under supervision.
12. Banana is the best source for potassium which is good for hair growth
13. Magnesium is an important mineral for hair growth. Include foods like whole grains, green leafy vegetables, dairy products, fruits, nuts and pulses. 14. Zinc builds hair protein and thus plays a vital role in maintaining good hair condition. Zinc stimulates hair growth by improving immunity. Its deficiency often results in poor hair growth and considerable hair loss. Natural Sources of zinc are legumes, mushrooms, non-fat dry milk, spinach, whole grains, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
15. Amla can also be used topically in the form of oil or paste.Amla is the best component for revitalizing pigmentation in your hair. You can even take the amla juice orally, which not only will cure your hair problem but will also prove to be a boon for other health related issues.
16. Grated ginger mixed with a tablespoon of honey must be taken on a daily basis for preventing hair from turning grey.
17. curry leaves in coconut oil till it turns black. Apply this on your scalp as a hair tonic for treating the problems of hair loss and pigmentation.
18. Use of Henna not only helps in curing grey hair but also gives a shiny touch to your strands.
19. mix equal amount of almond oil, lemon juice, and amla juice. Massage your hair with this mixture to cure the problem of grey hair.
20. Apply aloe vera gel as a therapeutic remedy for premature greying of hair.
21. Consume foodstuff rich in biotin as it slows down the progression of grey hair, naturally. Foods rich in biotin are egg yolks, tomatoes, yeast, soybeans, walnuts, carrots, cow’s milk, goat’s milk, cucumbers, oats, and almonds.
22. Neem oil also helps in preventing grey hair. The anti-bacterial properties of neem help in treating other hair problems as well.
23. Keep your scalp clean.
24.Wash oily hair more frequently
25 .If your scalp is oily, you may need to wash it as often as once a day.
26.If you have chemically treated hair, your hair may be drier, so you may want to wash it less frequently.
27.As you get older, your scalp makes less oil, so you may not need to shampoo as often.
28. When washing your hair, concentrate on cleaning primarily the scalp, rather than washing the entire length of hair.
29.Washing only your hair can create flyaway hair that is dull and coarse.
30.Use conditioner after every shampoo unless you use a “2-in-1” shampoo, which cleans and conditions hair.
31.Using a conditioner can significantly improve the look of damaged or weathered hair by increasing shine, decreasing static electricity, improving strength and offering some protection from harmful UV rays.
32.Concentrate conditioner on the tips of the hair. Because conditioners can make fine hair look limp, they only should be used on the tips of the hair and not on the scalp or length of the hair. 33.Choose a shampoo and conditioner formulated specifically for your hair type
34.Protect hair when swimming. Protect your hair from the damaging effects of chlorine by wetting and conditioning your hair before swimming.
35. Wear a tight-fitting swim cap and use a specially formulated swimmers shampoo and deep conditioner after swimming to replace lost moisture. 36.Avoid smoking.
37.Avoid caffeine, junk food, and alcohol.
40.Never wash hair with VERY hot water.
41.Never comb your wet hair.
42.Do not tie your wet hair. Let them dry first.
43.Avoid blow drying the hair
44.Avoid mechanical trauma to hair like curling and straighting.
45.Don’t use hair products, which contain harsh chemicals.
46.Properly moisturize your strands.
47.Cover your hair with a scarf or hat while going out.
48.Massage the scalp of hair with fingertips to induce blood flow.
49. Treat your hair delicately. Avoid unnecessary brushing, combing or handling. Use a soft, round bristles brush..
50.Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
51.Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
52. Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.