Micro pigmentation is deposition of pigment precisely in the skin which mimic the very short hairs and hide the baldness.
It is camoflouging procedure and acts as concealer which hides the bald white /brown scalp so that externally it give full hair looks.
The angle of insertion of the pigment, depth of insertion, level of insertion is very crucial in giving the perfect look. If pigmented is deposited improperly either there will be pigment bleeding or there will be no pigment since deep deposition of the pigment in the vicinity of macrophage , the macrophage will engulf the pigment and removes them from the site which results poor results or no results.
It is useful in the following conditions:
1. In hair transplantation, it is fact that one cannot achieve the natural density of 80 to 120 follicular units per square centimetre and with best transplant procedure one can implant 40 to 60 follicular units per square centimetre and this results patient complaining inadequate density. To overcome the said deficit one can combine both procedures with gap of minimum 2 months between the procedures.
2. It can be done to conceal the donor scar in case of fut by strip methods also one can cover the stippling scar left out after fue transplant
3. In females where there is poor donor supply one can give good camouflaging
4. In case of alopecia areat of any type
5. In case of scarring alopecia due to any reasons
6. For eye brows
This is permanent procedure with slight pigment fading after 2 to 3 years which may need touch up. It is excellent, safe procedure with zero pain and with no side effect except for the allergic reaction to the pigment used which we test before doing the pigmentation.
Micro Dense procedure is done to achieve the maximum cosmetic outlook of the patient suffering from Baldness / Hair loss.
Advantages of Scalp Micro Pigmentation
- It’s a painless permanent procedure with guaranteed results done on local anesthesia.
- It can be done for both Men & Women.
- It’s a daycare procedure done on outpatient basis.
- It can be combined with standard FUT & FUE Technique.
- It is specially recommended to patients with Grade 2 to Grade 7, in who there is a shortage of donor hair.